Updated: Jan 1, 2020
If you're like me and you are the fairest of them all, or you simply got a little too much sun this weekend, these simple recipes may help your skin recover a bit quicker.
1. Calming the Burn Blend Ingredients: •4 tsp aloe vera gel or juice •1 tsp arnica-infused oil or sea buckthorn oil •20 drops lavender essential oil
Directions: •Combine ingredients in a 1 oz (30 mL) resealable glass container •Mix Thoroughly •Apply to burn with a cotton ball as needed •Mix before each application
2. Soothing Bath Blend Ingredients: •1 tsp milk / kefir •3-4 drops chamomile •3-4 drops lavender
Directions: •While filling your tub, combine the your ingredients together in a small non-reactive bowl •Once filled, pour mixture into the tub and agitate to disperse the mixture •Soak in the tub for 15 to 30 minutes, or longer if desired •If droplets appear at the top of the bathwater, rub them into sunburnt areas It’s recommended that you apply the calming the burn blend above once you’ve dried off after your bath.
3. Relaxing Lavender Cold Compress Ingredients: •Cold water •4-6 drops lavender (and/or chamomile) •One cloth Directions: •Pour two cups cold water into a non-reactive bowl and add your essential oils •Stir well to disperse oils •Soak your cloth in the infused water and wring it out enough that it won’t drip •Apply cloth to affected areas
4. Simple Topical Application Ingredients: •8 tsp yogurt or 4 tsp aloe very gel •20 drops lavender essential oil Directions: •Combine yogurt or aloe vera with your lavender essential oil in a non-reactive bowl and mix thoroughly •Using a cotton ball apply the mixture to any areas with issues
5. Healing Lavender Vinegar Bath Treatment (Recipe makes enough for 8 baths) Ingredients: •1 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar •50 drops lavender essential oil Directions: •In an 8 oz glass bottle, combine vinegar and lavender •Shake to combine and before every use Treatment: •Fill your tub with warm water •Add 6 tsp (30 mL) of your lavender vinegar mix into the tub and agitate water to disperse mixture •Soak for 30 minutes and massage any floating droplets into your burnt skin
6. Simple Neat Essential Oil Application Apply a drop or two of lavender or tea tree oil neat. Neat application means that the oils are applied direct and undiluted.
7. Essential Oil Infused Calendula Lotion This ointment may help the skin. Ingredients: •Calendula cream or oil •1-3 drops of rose or neroli •1-3 drops chamomile Combine ingredients and apply thoroughly to affected areas.